Friday, August 9, 2013

Make your own Color Depositing Conditioner with FANTASTIC results !

If you color your hair, no matter how well you care for it, the color eventually fades. I've tried the various color depositing conditioners out there. Aside from the fact that they're expensive, I also hated all of 'em.

My hair stylist provided me with the solution. Since I'm in a generous mood (and not in the hair coloring business :D ), I thought I'd share.....

Mix equal amounts of your color of choice and 10 or 20 % developer - I use between 1/2 to 1 oz. of each, but I have ALOT of hair


plus

Approx. an equal amount of your favorite lightweight conditioner - I use 2 oz.
You can use shampoo instead of conditioner but it doesn't deposit near the same amount of color as using conditioner does.

If you only want a temporary color boost you can skip the developer, but Beauty Wonkette thinks this is a waste.

Apply to towel dried hair and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse.

In addition to using this to refresh my hair color, I have also used it to adjust my color when I felt it necessary i.e. to add more red tones, to tone done red, to create depth, etc

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Beauty Wonkette, for your information! I have been looking for the answer to whether or not I should be using DEVELOPER for my diy color depositing conditioner!! Finally have the answer I was looking for! Thank you Dear!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

LEGENDARY! The best dupe for SkinMedica's recently discontinued TNS Advanced+ Serum

  Recently SkinMedica discontinued the TNS Essential Serum and their TNS Advanced+ Serum is seen as the upgraded version.  But Beauty Wonket...