Sunday, January 18, 2009

Drink Sassy Water for a Flat Belly!


My mom is active and still slender, but she HATES the fact that for the first time in her life, she says she has a belly! She generally is all that big on diets - never has been - BUT she decided to try something called the Flat Belly Diet. I've seen it referred to here and there, but didn't know much about it until she started doing it. All in all, it seems to be very palatable and healthy and easy to follow, although I can see that vegetarians might have some difficulty finding enough variety without utilizing the recipes that include chicken and fish. And, yes, there IS such a thing as a chubby vegetarian!

Anyway, if you want to learn more about the diet, there's plenty of info, sample meal plans, recipes, etc. available all over the 'net. But there is one thing in the diet - actually in the 4 Day Jumpstart to the diet - that I found to be VERY useful for all of us. We've all read a gazillion times how important it is to drink 8 glasses of water per day. It's important to fight fatigue, for good digestion, for your skin, etc. etc. etc. In warmer weather, I have absolutely no problem complying. Unfortunately, during the brrrrrrr cold months of winter, I know I'm not even close. The irony of that is I should probably drink even more water during the winter. Even though I keep the central heating to a minimum at home, on super cold days, when we get home from work late, starting a fire just doesn't work. Even if we don't turn on the central heating, and use a space heater instead, it wreaks havoc even on my generally skin. And, I have no control over the climate settings at work at all. Bottom line: I've been feeling very dehydrated. I was over at my mom's last week and she poured me a glass of her Sassy Water. It's supposed to really help cut down on bloat and have something of a cleansing effect. Does it? I dunno. What I do know is that it tastes delicious and refreshing. I took the recipe home with me and have been making it ever since. I'm not having any trouble at all drinking more water and I really do feel and look "moister" ..... lol. Try it. You'll like it.

Sassy Water

8 cups water
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber. peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.

Strain and try to drink one complete recipe each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEGENDARY! The best dupe for SkinMedica's recently discontinued TNS Advanced+ Serum

  Recently SkinMedica discontinued the TNS Essential Serum and their TNS Advanced+ Serum is seen as the upgraded version.  But Beauty Wonket...